Another thing to think about is whether you want your squeezeboxserver
and your "main" PC to be the same box?  My main desktop PC gets used by
every member of my household, with a wide range of software.  As a
result, it's not unusual to require reboots and/or to experience
"crashes".  I found it very nice to have the squeezeboxserver running
on a separate, low power/reasonably quiet Atom mini PC which runs 24/7
with practically no intervention.  I don't have to worry about the
music stopping in the living room because my son crashed the PC running
some video game.

--
tcutting