onemeg;642759 Wrote:

> 1. With regard to reliability etc am I better using the Touch as a
> server for the Boom/Roku (i.e. buy a USB HDD) or stick with the NAS
> approach running the server?

You could try, the built-in server in the Touch works for some people
and doesn't work at all for other people. It all depends on library
size, hard drive model and possibly also other factors.

onemeg;642759 Wrote:

> 2. Any ideas what needs doing to get the Touch working - for 36 hours
> it was fine and I've not aware I've changed any settings and assume I'm
> likely to be 'operator error'.

I think the Touch requires a Squeezebox Server 7.5.x, either the
built-in one (with a connected USB drive) or the one you have on the
NAS (if you upgrade it to 7.5.x) or the one at mysqueezebox.com (which
doesn't stream any local music files).

If you connect it to different server versions, it's going to ask you
to upgrade firmware every time you switch server. This can be
especially frustrating for people who often switch between a local
server and mysqueezebox.com if their local server doesn't match the
version currently used at mysqueezebox.com.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))