thanks v.m. for the initial messages.

I'm confused then how the Touch somehow, for a while, happily worked
with the 7.3.3 but I take your point.

This therefore leads to a further question!

Assuming 7.5.6 will run on the Linkstation NAS, how do I upgrade the
server on the NAS?

I previously ran Twonky on the NAS (when I only had the Roku) and it
seemed smoother/less hungry than Squeezeserver.

When I got the Boom, I wiped the NAS and installed Squezebox Server
using telnet etc. Whilst I can follow instructions etc and got there in
the end I don't really understand exactly what is going on and therefore
need to follow step by step guides I'm afraid.

Would it be possible to revert to Twonky (I suspect not) or what's the
easiest (least likely to brick!) way to upgrade the Server s/w on the
NAS?

I've previously googled around looking for this but couldn't find a
definitive guide?

cheers again

--
onemeg