onemeg;642768 Wrote:
> I'm confused then how the Touch somehow, for a while, happily worked
> with the 7.3.3 but I take your point.
I strongly suspect you never actually had the Touch running with 7.3.3.
It may have been running off its internal server, or off of
mysqueezebox.com.

onemeg;642768 Wrote:
> Assuming 7.5.6 will run on the Linkstation NAS, how do I upgrade the
> server on the NAS?
First you are correct that Twonky will not work with Squeezeboxes. You
need Squeezebox Server 7.5.0 or later to work with the Touch. Which
instructions did you use to install 7.3.3? That would be a starting
point for trying to get 7.5.x or 7.6 beta on the LinkStation. Also
check the 3rd Party Hardware forum here, which is where most NAS things
are discussed.

If you have an external USB hard drive handy you may want to seriously
consider experimenting with using the Touch's built-in server
("TinySBS") instead of using the NAS as the server. Unfortunately, if
you use TinySBS you won't be able to use the NAS for your music library
-- TinySBS only works with a USB device attached to the Touch or a
SecureDigital memory card inserted in the Touch. If you get TinySBS
working okay (it's not reliable, but it does work fine for some people)
then that would also work as the server for your Boom.  I suppose
TinySBS would leave the Roku out of the picture, but I guess you could
keep running that off the NAS.

--
aubuti