results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=88916
Question: Why do you continue to use Squeezebox ?

- I'm satisfied with the Squeezebox system, why change something that
  works good ?
- I have already invested too much in Squeezebox devices, would cost
  too much to switch
- I have just purchased a new Squeezebox and won't switch to
  something else anytime soon
- I love the 3rd party plugin/app model and would only switch to
  something else that supports this
- I would consider switching if someone offered something with
  similar functionality
- I have already started to look for something else but haven't found
  anything interesting yet
- I have already started or completed the transition to something
  else

Why do I stick with Squeezebox?  The software updates are frequently
irritating (I've turned off automatic updates after 7.5.5) and the
clients are not exactly intuitive.  But, at the time I bought my first
one (see sig) there simply wasn't a viable and affordable alternative.

My brother-in-law bought Sonos and, while he's had none of the wireless
networking issues I enjoy, he has had many library management issues
with the system simply not seeing some sources. And he's an Apple
fanatic as well! Plus I think my system looks and sounds better than
his.

Until the Sonos Play 3 there wasn't an equivalent to Boom (better bring
in Boom 2 quickly guys) and the Radio is still the best. Touch is flawed
but unbeatable for the price IMHO.

Would I buy again?  Maybe. I've been a Naim fan for years and may have
gone the Uniti route had it arrived earlier or if I was starting out
now.

But I've also realised that I'm now retired with 60-year-old years so
income and hearing are now both "sub-optimal".  I'm now the weak link
in the audio chain.  Heck - I've also just splashed out on a Revox PR99
MK2 reel-to-reel tape recorder so what does that tell you about me?

Bottom line - still good value for money but not recommended for
techno-phobes.

Thank you and good night.

GRC

--
GRC

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it ...-
Acer Z5610 1TB Quad-Core Touch Windows 7 iTunes (M4A server)
Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 AirStation router + repeater
SB Touch/DacMagic -> Naim system (below)
Naim CDX/XPS + NAC52/Supercap + NAP135s + Dynaudio Contour 1.8 MkIIs
SlimP3 -> Topping TP20 Mk2 -> Genexxa PRO LX5 study
Boom kitchen
Radio bedroom
SB3 -> AudioEngine A2s terrace
SB2 -> Rotel RA820BX2 -> MA252 garage
Controller
Various Windoze laptops & netbooks + SqueezePlay