With the instability of Logitech at the moment and the resulting
uncertainty of the Squeezebox future, I've been wondering this myself.
Take a look at my equipment list in my sig and you'll see that I've
invested quite a bit in squeezeboxes.

My fear is that the future will be general media streaming devices that
do it all, but at the sacrafice of functionality for audio.  Clearly
everybody really only cares about video and audio is an afterthought.
;-)  I don't want to suffer through waiting for the "gapless playback"
feature in some new device.  Or waiting for FLAC support.

Sadly, I think the future is glum, full of DLNA devices with limited
audio CODEC support that require a TV connected to them to control.
Gapless playback?  yeah, right.

Here's to hopein' my squeezeboxes last a long time :-). I couldn't
afford to replace my setup with Sonos devices!

--
maggior

Rich
---------
Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch, iPeng on iPod
Touch.  SuSE 11.0 Server running SqueezeBoxServer 7.5.0, MusicIP, and
SqueezeSlave.
Current library stats: 34,767 songs, 2,776 albums, 505 artists.
http://www.last.fm/user/maggior