Nikhil;646941 Wrote:
> Yes they do, but since the only requirement for the server is to have an
> SMB share, it is a lot more flexible than SBS. Also the scanning has
> always been a gazillion times faster. They are obviously not storing as
> much metadata as SBS, but I've always wondered since the days of SS6 how
> Sonos could scan the same library in a fraction of the time it took
> SS/SC/SBS.

When the scan occurs, where is the data being stored - on the
controller?  Since there is no server, I'm thinking it has to be stored
there.  What if you have multiple controllers in the form of Andriod,
iOS, or Sonos devices?

I read up on Sonos just see what the options are if Logitech abaondons
the Squeezebox and I have to turn elsewhere.

Regarding Erlands comments about who the new players may be - I
certainly hope it isn't Apple.  I like the iPod, but I'd be pretty
upset to lose FLAC support for my home setup.

--
maggior

Rich
---------
Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch, iPeng on iPod
Touch.  SuSE 11.0 Server running SqueezeBoxServer 7.5.0, MusicIP, and
SqueezeSlave.
Current library stats: 34,767 songs, 2,776 albums, 505 artists.
http://www.last.fm/user/maggior