carled;664420 Wrote:
> ok, cool thanks. That's useful to know.
>
> It seems to me that his best/cheapest/simplest combination option would
> be the squeezebox radio with the 3.5mm out connected to his A/V amp.  If
> he wants to double his cost he can go for the touch with the
> optical/digital out.
>
> So, for example, if he got a hacked joggler, it would speak to
> squeezebox server on his pc/a nas device but it would not speak to the
> mysqueezebox.com service?

To an A/V amp you are best advised to use a Touch and it's digital
output.

The 3,5mm analog out is mainly for headphones sq is not fantastic.
Modest priced A/V amps do not have any true analog passthru so the
analog inputs will be digitized again .

The radio is a standalone piece with headphone out, it works fine for
it's intended purpose, it has no digital out.

It will be some hassle volume controll is always active on the 3,5 and
you will forget to turn it down when disconnecting the 3,5 mm (you want
full volume if used as a source )

--
Mnyb

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: SB3 + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad 64gB wifi +3g with iPengHD & SqueezePad