nicolas75;671337 Wrote:
> Why  ?
> I can't see what MediaMonkey lacks compared to LMS (except native
> control of Squeezeboxes).

1. It's a Windows application and due to this it doesn't work reliably
on any of my computers
2. I don't want a desktop or laptop computer to be turned on to play
music, having the server in another room turned on is fine but that's
never going to be running Windows.
3. I don't want to control the music from a computer, I always have
access to a iPhone, iPad or IR remote in the listening room but I don't
always have direct access to a computer and if I had it would be a WiFi
conected laptop with limited harddisc space that can't contain all my
FLAC music files.

However, I do understand that MediaMonkey could be an excellent choice
for everyone that have a stationary computer in their listening room,
but these people should really also consider an Apple solution using
AppleTV or AirPort Express as these works a lot better when being
controlled from a computer than devices like Squeezebox/Sonos.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))
Interested in music discovery ? See 'Social Music Discovery (SMD)'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=656713) project.