SlimChances wrote:
> I guess the world is passing me by. The thought of receiving calls from
> telemarketers or other unwanted calls far outweighs the value of these
> devices for me

I think there might be more to it than the world passing you by. Phone
calls account for less than 2% of my smart phone usage. The name 'phone'
is not really accurate any longer. And all the calls I make/receive are
useful and appreciated. I never get junk calls on my mobile (unlike the
barely used landline).

Although I could exist without a smart phone and the internet life would
be less rich and a 'huge' amount of day to day time would be taken up
gaining information or using alernative services