erland wrote:
> Agreed, price isn't an issue, honestly it has never been, if I compare
> what I've payed from my music collection and other audio equipment,
> Sonos devices for a few rooms always have and still is nothing in
> comparison.
>
> [...]but I've decided to wait and see what the market plans to provide
> now when Logitech has left a hole before I jump onto the Sonos wagon. I
> think the following 12 months is going to be more exiting in this market
> than the last year, there have been more movements in the market during
> the last 6 months and I'm also aware of some projects which are unknown
> to the public at this time. So to wait and see and enjoy my Squeezeboxes
> feels like a good strategy at the moment.

I'm with you in your wait and see approach.  I checked out Sonos just to
see what my options are in case I have to jump ship.  For now,
everything is working quite well and I'm happy - even after updating to

I perfer an open system, but if a closed system does everything I need,
that I'm OK with it.  For instance, I like my iPods - itunes is good
enough for me, they support robust gapless playback, and they have good
accesory options with a line-out option.

So, when the time comes I need to move on and only a closed system is
available and it does everything I need to do well, I'll be OK with
that.

I'm interested to see what develops over the next year.