Thanks for the detailed feedback Erland, interesting to see what
motivates you guys.  I will keep an eye on Squeezlite.  Most of the
issues appear to be around making it work on low power devices.  If it
works easily with something like a Zotac Zbox then I will probably go
that route in the future if I need a replacement for my Receivers. I am
quite happy with a decent "analogue out".

For those of us with full time jobs, wives also in full time work and
kids (in my case three under 12) "time poor" is an appropriate
description.
I am hardly "cash rich" either, but am more able to provide a bit of
cash than I am time for beta testing, etc.  Very happy to give positive
feedback though, and have done a few times as far as Triode is
concerned.

I note your comment about donations being as much of a burden as a
benefit, and I can understand that.  Rest assured, there are lots of us
out here who appreciate the Squeezebox plug-in developers.  You guys are
in serious danger of creating a fully open source music streaming
system.  I can even see a small cottage industry developing in providing
low volume, high quality, Squeezebox players and servers with
pre-installed Linux OS and software that can be sold to those of us
without the time, inclination or expertise to "build our own".  If
Agillis can do it with Vortexbox then there is room for others, I am
sure.

The big challenge will be keeping LMS working once Logitech turns off
the MySB servers. Any chance of that? Or would it be "curtains" for the
Squeezebox?

erland wrote:
> It's all about priorities, reality shows on TV and sleeping 12 hours per
> day is generally overrated ;-)
Wow! Chance wouild be a fine thing.  Very fine! :)

Live long and prosper... (please!)