(First time poster, loong time lurker.)

My thanks to all involved for a great and very promising initiative!

I think the following premature detail would be useful for many of us
Squeeople: an output for a power on/off signal to control an amplifier,
perhaps just a +5V or +12V output when "on", for use with for instance a
solid state relay.

A headphones out jack could be used instead together with an applet or
plugin like PowerSwitchII (which I use), but I believe it's better not
to hinder normal use of headphones.

Best Regards,
Gandhi

not often enough well recorded and mastered cds *|* dbpoweramp with
accuraterip *|* flac *|* fanless asrock z77e-itx intel i5-3570t *|*
ubuntu 12.04.1 lts 32-bit *|* lms 7.7.3 *|* brutefirdrc 3.0 *|*
transporter (balanced out) *|* thule ia252b *|* audio physic scorpio *|*
no fancy cables. *+* also some booms. *+* harmony 525s for them all,
including waking the server from s3.