DITC101 wrote:
> Schematics for the wandboard are online:
>
> http://www.wandboard.org/images/downloads/wandboard-user-guide-20130208.pdf

I grabbed the schematics, there are some strange things going on here,
like the SPDIF_OUT being connected to an ethernet pin!

It's going to take some work going between the schematic and the
reference manual to figure out exactly how the audio is hooked up to
make sure that we can do what we want. As with all of these chips things
are complicated by the fact that each physical pin can be muxed to
multiple internal functions. The i.MX6 is even more complicated because
I2S can be generated by two different modules and SPDIF can also be
generated by two different modules. There are three modules involved,
one can generate either I2S or SPDIF, one can generate just I2S (among
other things) and the other module can just generate SPDIF. We need to
figure which of these the wandboard is using and how these are being
configured in the ALSA driver.

I might have this figured out by the end of the day.

John S.