Me, the wife and 11 year old boy.
Central server
For control we use handhelds, smart phones, ipod and inbuilt control on
radio and boom.

My wife only ever listens to BBC Radio 4, but my son listens to music.
I'd like desperate logins for my son and I such that at least our
libraries were separate. Ideally all would be separate, favourites,
playlists, online accounts, tailored menus, colour schemes, setting etc.
I do not want Justin Thingy in my mixes or his badly tagged music
messing up my nicely ordered collection.

However, as he gets older I would like to have access to his music and
he already wants access to mine (he's particularly fond of Flight of the
Conchords). I'd like to be able to create smart mixes and random mixes
from my library, his library or from both and have him able to do it
too.

I do not want him to be able to add to my favourites or change my music
set up or collection in any way.

It might be handy to be able to bar him from controlling any players I
choose to.

Not too much to ask heh?   :-)