garym wrote:
> For me it doesn't matter, I'm happy seeing everything.  My wife would
> prefer to not have such overwhelming choices. She wants to see only the
> stuff she's interested in. We mostly share musical tastes, but out of my
> 70,000 tracks, she's interested in about 10,000 of them and would just
> as soon not even see the other ones....

I still have an 'empeg player' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empeg) (the
first in-car mp3 player from almost 15 years ago, arm-based, running
linux) in my car. It has an interesting feature - the "Wendy Switch"
(named after a former girfriend of the main designer). A pin on the
player could be wired to the seat sensor for the passenger seat airbag,
so the player actually knows if you are alone in the car, or have a
passenger. You can tag your music, and mark songs, artists or albums so
that the "Wendy Filter" will not show them at all if there is a
passenger in the car... :)