bluegaspode wrote:
> I guess I can only tell you, when it's available in Germany (which will
> take its time).
> When FireTv is built on Android like the other Amazon stuff (which I
> guess it is) and they didn't do something very dumb it will run on that
> device.
They're releasing the Amazon Fire TV in Germany. Considering their cheap
introductory offer of just 49 € for Prime customers, I pre-ordered one.

It's my understanding that installing apps is not a problem. You can
side-load them via ADB. There are also utilities available (most
described on 'XDA developers'
(http://forum.xda-developers.com/fire-tv/themes-apps)) which directly
install apps like XBMC and also root the FTV for you. These utilities
also can install APKs for you.

Obviously, I intend to run SqueezePlayer on the FTV. I have already
purchased in in the play store. I don't mind purchasing it again. But
will you provide the APK to users, bluegaspode?

I'm just asking because I'm no Android expert and I don't know if you
cannot hand out the APK for copy protection reasons or the like.