mherger wrote:
> > Thanks for the research.  Long story, short.. my interest is due to a
> > low powered wintel system grinding to a stop when doing a full rescan
> > due to Trackstat.  So I was looking at the db and noticed the old
> > version and hence the interest.  Is there anyway of
> > decompressing/patching a wintel system to play around with this
> further?
>
> You can run LMS from the source if you're willing to install Activestate
>
> Perl 5.14 (which I could provide you a copy if needed).
>
> I guess you've already upped the memory parameter for the database? It
> can make a huge difference (depending on library size, storage type
> etc.).
>
> How large is your library?
> What is the bottleneck? Memory? CPU? Disk I/O? If you run out of memory,
>
> then any other optimization might be irrelevant.
> Do you know what kind of query it is that plugin is chewing so badly on?
>
> --
>
> Michael

hi Michael

That would be great if you could supply me the source.

My library is 30k tracks (on a NAS) and the bottleneck is I/O for sure,
the SATA died and wiped out the disks, so I rebuilt it with Win7 booting
from a USB drive.  It has 8x (i7) CPU cores and 16Gb RAM so is strong
enough.  I can't change the OS due to other software, it works fine day
to day but definitely chewing on the db rebuild when Trackstat does a
massive update query after a full rescan.  So I would like to see if I
can play around with the database side of things and happy to share
anything useful I find.

Thanks in advance

www.spicefly.com - ** Spicefly SugarCube ** - A hassle free acoustic
journey through your music library using MusicIP.  Plus the finest
MusicIP installation guides, enhanced MIP Interface and SpyGlass MIP the
Windows Automated MusicIP Headless Installer.