mherger wrote:

> You're running LMS from a different computer than where the files are
> saved? This kind of I/O might be the bottleneck during the scan. But I
> could imagine that when TrackStat is doing its job, it's LMS server side
>
> only, no access to the files. I might be wrong. But please double check,
>
> because your machine seems more than powerful enough to process 30k
> tracks. Check the resource monitor while TrackStat is running. Monitor
> disk, network, cpu and memory usage.

Correct yes, music is on a powerful NAS box, my setup has always been
like this, so I think its due to the laptop now running from USB2 ouch!

mherger wrote:

> > It has 8x (i7) CPU cores and 16Gb RAM so is strong[/color]
>
> Did you check LMS' memory settings for the database?

Yep its set to Maximum 2Gb RAM

Cheers

www.spicefly.com - ** Spicefly SugarCube ** - A hassle free acoustic
journey through your music library using MusicIP.  Plus the finest
MusicIP installation guides, enhanced MIP Interface and SpyGlass MIP the
Windows Automated MusicIP Headless Installer.