Paul Webster wrote:
> Good news - and from above ...

Tried to put screenshots here but this forum page would not allow me to
attach word doc with copy images nor would it let me cut and paste image
directly. Anyway not much to show so I will describe.

On the pcp webpages - on the LMS tab and read down to Setup Network
Diskmount -  I have currently put the following information.

Mount Point - Diskstation - I have used other names but understand that
it does not really matter what. One possibly relevant point is that to
get access to files on my windows computer I need to prefix the address
with \\Diskstation - that is a generally applied rule.

IP address - 192.168.1.108 - this is the ip address of the Synology nas
(diskstation) on my network

Share name - /volume1/music - this is the address stated in the shared
folders page of the Synology

Share type - nfs

On the Lms webpages settings under the page "basic settings" (I wish) -
I have put the media library name as music

Media Folders now reads /mnt/Diskstation. Pressing the browse option
reveals no more folders under Diskstation.

A scan only now reveals some Spotify songs that I have recently listened
to but does not address anything on the nas.

Not sure that I can give much more information. Just to confirm that I
have followed the file services advice on the how to add network share
page but so far really not getting very far with this one but any
further suggestions or work arounds would be welcome.