crrc wrote:
> Tried to put screenshots here but this forum page would not allow me to
> attach word doc with copy images nor would it let me cut and paste image
> directly. Anyway not much to show so I will describe.
>
> On the pcp webpages - on the LMS tab and read down to Setup Network
> Diskmount -  I have currently put the following information.
>
> Mount Point - Diskstation - I have used other names but understand that
> it does not really matter what. One possibly relevant point is that to
> get access to files on my windows computer I need to prefix the address
> with \\Diskstation - that is a generally applied rule.
>
> IP address - 192.168.1.108 - this is the ip address of the Synology nas
> (diskstation) on my network
>
> Share name - /volume1/music - this is the address stated in the shared
> folders page of the Synology
>
> Share type - nfs
>
> On the Lms webpages settings under the page "basic settings" (I wish) -
> I have put the media library name as music
>
> Media Folders now reads /mnt/Diskstation. Pressing the browse option
> reveals no more folders under Diskstation.
>
> A scan only now reveals some Spotify songs that I have recently listened
> to but does not address anything on the nas.
>
> Not sure that I can give much more information. Just to confirm that I
> have followed the file services advice on the how to add network share
> page but so far really not getting very far with this one but any
> further suggestions or work arounds would be welcome.

I failed to correct a reference to the name in the media library - lest
this cause a chase of red herrings, I should correct this. It is now
"Diskstation" as is probably obvious as the webpages come up with
Diskstation - clearly taken from the pcp page.

hope that makes things clear (ha, ha). Sorry but seem to be chasing my
tail with this one.