w3wilkes wrote:
> Another good reason to go reserved IP address at the router is if your
> target device is offline and some other device connects the router the
> router may assign the static IP address you've set in your player. Then
> when you bring the player back online you would have an IP address
> conflict with the other device. This won't happen when using the
> reserved IP address method at the router.
I'm sorry, but who the hell allows their DHCP server to hand out
addresses in the same range as the static addresses they use? If you
know how to reserve IP addresses based on MAC address, you must be
capable of restricting the DHCP pool.

Until recently: Transporter -> ATC SCM100A, now sold :-(
House move forced change to: piCorePlayer(RPi2/HiFiBerry DIGI2 Pro) ->
Meridian 218 -> Meridian M6