hi everyone,

I have the following problem:
my dac is connected via USB to my macbook Air / BigSur that is running
both LMS and SqueezePlay,
and I frequently switch dac inputs from USB (for music listening via
LMS/SqueezePlay) to optical (for youtube/netflix on SmartTV).
So the dac appears as an audio output device when it is on USB and is
the default for audio output. It disappears as a device from Mac when it
is on optical.

SqueezePlay when launched with the dac present detects it, and plays
through it, all nice and dandy.
When dac disappears, SqueezePlay switches to the default Mac speakers,
all nice and dandy again,
BUT when I switch back to the dac again SqueezePlay does not switch
back, it continues playing through speakers.
I need to get off my couch and relaunch it. Not ideal to say the least.

I tried forcing it to use only the dac via automator script approach,
but it exhibits the same behaviour as above.

Any tips / tricks?