Hello All,

Apologies if this is not the right forum.

I would like to run multiple, independant, SoftSqueeze instances on a single PC that also hosts my SlimServer instance (so as to play multiple different streams simultaneously). When multiple instances are launched in the obvious ways they "conflict" in unusual ways - one will control the other or similar.

It appears to me that SlimServer differentiates clients by IP address and IP address only - and that my preferred setup will not be possible through SlimServer or SoftSqueeze configurations etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have a work-around that is a bit complex, but that I think will do the job - set up a virtual server to host the SlimServer instance. Assign as many IP addresses to that virtual server as simultaneous players are required. Assign as many IP addresses to the player host as simultaneous players are required. Set up a 1 to 1 route for each player host IP to a different server host IP. This should cause each player to be visible to the server as originating from a different IP, and therefore allow them to act independantly. Thoughts on alternative work-arounds are also welcome.

Thanks,

Nathaniel