Having spent many "happy" months making sure that all my artist tags are
surname-first, I'm a bit dismayed to find that after upgrading to 6.5.0,
quite a few of them have reverted all by their sweet little selves.  For
example, Anouar Brahem now appears under A and not B (as Brahem,
Anouar).

I've looked at the files (mp3 in this case) with both MediaMonkey and
mp3tag, and both agree that the Artist tag is "Brahem, Anouar", and
that the tagset is ID3v2. (MM says that the "Album artist" is also
"Brahem, Anouar".) If there's some magical duplicate tagset in there,
then it's well hidden.  So why on earth is it surfacing now? And what
the f*** am I going to have to do to fix it? (You might just get the
tiniest hint here that I'm thoroughly fed up with tag twiddling!)

So far, all the examples I've found have been mp3 files, but not all
mp3 files have been affected.

(Sorry if this has appeared already, but I can't seem to be able to
search the forum at present; I get some sort of server error whenever I
try.)

-- Brian

--
Brian Ritchie