On 9/24/06, Brian Ritchie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Having spent many "happy" months making sure that all my artist tags are
surname-first, I'm a bit dismayed to find that after upgrading to 6.5.0,
quite a few of them have reverted all by their sweet little selves.  For
example, Anouar Brahem now appears under A and not B (as Brahem,
Anouar).

Maybe check to see if you have APE tags in there, I believe they may take precedence of ID3v2.  If you run linux, what does id3v2 -l <filename> output for one of these files?  I'm sure there's a tag in there and it's just a matter of figuring out where it is.

Ben