nicoff;162861 Wrote:
> I am going to assume that if I am streaming digital data to a digital
> preamp the SB and the Transporter should sound the same. Am I correct?

There is a difference, but it's small (smaller than analog anyway) and
only your equipment and ears will be able to say for sure.

The Transporter has lower jitter and an overall better implementation
throughout - from more stable power all the way to better S/PDIF
conversion.

> Using analog output, would I be able to hear a noticeable difference in
> sound (for the better of course) if I were to use the Transporter and
> its analog output versus the SB?

You should be able to.  It's a much greater difference than digital
anyway.

However it depends if the Lexicon converts incoming analog signals to
digital, applies processing and converts to analog again.  It probably
does.  This would make it sound different than going to an analog
preamp or direct to an amp.  However, knowing Lexicon, these would be
high-quality parts and would not degrade the signal, plus this process
would be applied both to the SB and the Transporter equally, so there
should still be a difference.  Only your ears can say how big a
difference, but with your equipment it should be appreciable.

--
Mark Lanctot