JJZolx;212498 Wrote:
> No, the convenience factor goes far beyond that.  Playing custom
> playlists, random files, using it as an alarm.  The same thing people
> have been doing with computers and digital music files for the last 10
> years or so.  Where the Squeezebox fits in is being able to get the
> music from the computer to the stereo system over a network.  Many
> people have no problem just connecting a computer's soundcard output
> directly to their stereo system.  For them, I'd say there's little
> reason to own a Squeezebox.
I agree with Jim about the convenience factor, and add one more: being
able to have full access to your CD collection (including custom
playlists, random mixes, etc.) and internet radio anywhere that is
within range of your home network. For me the SB became an obvious
choice when I put audio systems in my rec room and kitchen -- who wants
to schlep CDs all over the house/flat?

--
aubuti