On 13-Jul-07, at 6:54 AM, bklaas wrote:

> Therefore, what do you think about backing out the user agent redirect
> altogether? The problem I see arising is that even if we cover all the
> current Nokia user agent strings, new versions of Opera on the Nokia
> tablet may again change the user agent string to more closely resemble
> IE, thus breaking this again.

I've always been part of the school that says IE users who keep
expecting everything to work perfectly at all times should be smacked.
However, a more realistic approach would indeed be to ignore that
problem.  If it was that simple, then the three bugs should have been
closed off as "wontfix". They were not, so would probably have to be
reopened pending some sort of official stance that says 'you will just
have to live with it'.

What are the odds that the nokia version of opera will change the agent
string to match IE entirely, as opposed to including IE with
"compatible" and "opera"?
-kdf