NeilF;229188 Wrote:
> So if I open let's say:-
> - Word
> - Excel
> - Powerpoint
> - Outlook
> - uTorrent
> - and a couple of other apps for good measure
> - 10 browser sessions on different massive standard HTML pages
>
> And then do the 5000kpbs test I bet it would be 100% rock solid
> results...
>

> But if I open nothing except:-
> - One browser session on one of our mystery web pages
> (www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies)...
>
> I bet that the constant 100% success rate in slimserver reduces down to
> 20-30%.
>

> Are you suggesting this is memory related?
>

> Again, I'm fairly sure this is something conflicting somewhere.
> Something on the web pages listed is starting something on the PC (eg:
> java, flash, ajax) and that inturn is somehow stuffing Slimserver.
> Somehow...
>
> I wouldn't be surprised if other apps may even have a problem, and
> certainly other web pages would as well...

But so far nobody appears to have been able to duplicate your
results...which you must admit points to something in your particular
PC setup (hardware or software) rather than a generic problem with that
web page and SlimServer.

My server performance stays rock solid at 5000 when I browse that
ceebeebies page... although there is a large IO spike when  the page
first loads (visible in process explorer) it doesn't have any impact on
what my PC is doing with Slim.

Just to be clear, are you saying that your server performance stays bad
all the time you are browsing that page but recovers as soon as you go
to another page?

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...

...SB3+TACT+Altmann+MF DACXV3/Linn tri-amped Aktiv 5.1 system and some
very expensive cables ;o)