Toby Dickenson;250649 Wrote:
> awy wrote:
>
> > I would be pleased to get feedback on these proposals and additional
> or
> > alternative suggestions.
>
> It all looks good.
>
> Is there any possibility this could be made to work for transcoded
> files
> too? If only to avoid the inconsistency in behaviour.
>
> I guess the implementation would involve spooling the output of the
> transcoding process on disk just in case someone wanted to rewind in
> future
> and, during a fast forward, spinning that process as fast as it can
> run
> until it catches up with the new play position.

For most (all?) formats we should be able to just seek proportionally
to the designated point in the _source_ file, and just re-start
transcoding from there.

The main reason transcoding does not work with the current ffw/rw
architecture is because of complexities created by trying to play
snippets of audio while scanning.

--
seanadams