I have never undestood the ff function untill today :-)
It works even worse in an wifi setupp.

"Let me start by recapping on the current functionality, as I
understand it:

* FFW mode can be entered by press-and-hold of the ">>" button on
the remote. It will remain in FFW mode once the ">>" button is
released. SC will start playing at 2X normal speed, where it will play
1s of audio, skip 1s, play 1s, .... A further press-and-hold of the
">>" button will increase this to 4X speed where only 1s out of every
4s is played. One can repeat this to 8X, 16X, ..., although at some
point the server will probably run out of power to supply data at this
rate."

I'm probably to fast ;-) i press >> nothing happens or it goes silent
then a little later a sound snippet ? by then i've pressed play again.
Confused as ever. Now i get it, I'm not patient enough to let the
function kick in.

I will vote for a silent mode with a progress bar, and add alittle
display for track time.

--
Mnyb