tamanaco;256374 Wrote:
> The only reason I might want a working speaker/speaker plug and support
> for streamed music in the Controller is to "sample" tracks from my
> library as build Dynamic Playlists.

Shame it hasn't got a microphone for voice control, VoIP calling and so
on. I was always very skeptical of voice commands untl I got a
BlackBerry and found it was very effective when driving hands free.
Given the input method for typing names, it would be especially useful
for me to get to artists or albums quickly. And of course if decent
enough, or if it had a jack for a better mic, you could do some simple
room correction.

For me, playing a sample is useful now and then, but I usually remember
songs. However, a voice to echo commands and band names for people with
restricted vision could be a good selling point. I wonder if there's
space on the handset to store the samples to do text to voice?

I still struggle to see it's value as a player though, iPods do it so
much better - and cheaper.

--
CardinalFang