Pat Farrell;268731 Wrote:
> haunyack wrote:
> This thread is ostensibly concerned with the affects of "free
> speech"
> > on individuals and the greater good of this forum.
>
> Free speech as in free beer?
> This site is not about free beer or free speech. Go to politico.com or
>
> moveon.org for free speech. Similarly, this thread has nothing to do
> with free speech, that is a red herring.
>
> This is about folks using SqueezeBoxen (and descendants) helping each
> other.
>
> If I want politics (poly-meaning many, tic - small biting bug) there
> are
> plenty of places to go.
>
> Good titles are: Help: windows firewall prevents Squeezebox music
> You know what bad titles are.
>
> This is not where users get official SlimDevices/Logitech support. Its
>
> where users help each other. Rude behavior will drive out some users.
>
> George Akerlof won a Nobel Prize in Economics for his paper on
> asymetric
> information markets: "The Market for Lemons: Quality Uncertainty and
> the
> Market Mechanism" In it, he says that low-quality goods, without
> information on the value/quality of the products drives out
> high-quality
> goods. Help here is a 'good' that we exchange
>
> I posit that rude behavior, rants, personal attacks, drive out quality
> help.
>
> it has nothing to do with free speech, censorship, etc. its about
> manners.
>
> --
> Pat Farrell
> A happy customer of SlimDevices/Logitech. I am not now, and never was,
>
> an employee, spokesman, etc. of SD/Logitech.

Wait a minute..you expressed consternation over inappropriate thread
titles.

If you agree or not, it boils down to free beer..er speech.
No need for direction to other websites as we have simply followed and
contributed to the discussion at hand.
Smokescreen or not.

You state
"This is about folks using SqueezeBoxen (and descendants) helping each
other."

Where does that place in your original post?

You said
"Rude behavior will drive out some users"

Likewise, Title or content?

You said
"it has nothing to do with free speech, censorship, etc. its about
manners"

That's terribly muddled.

.

--
haunyack

Transporter -> B&K 200.2 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature
C.G. Conn New York Wonder - circa 1898.