ModelCitizen;278317 Wrote:
> Haunyhack.
>
> At least you can order a backlit remote!
>
> We *international" customers have no way of ordering a replacment
> remote, or indeed any SlimDevices accessories at all. I need a new
> backlit remote and have ended up with an incident number at Logitech
> support in my attempts to get one (after being supplied with two
> incorrect phone numbers by the Logitech web site).
>
> My two emails to [EMAIL PROTECTED] went unanswered.
>
> To have to ring the States from the UK seems a bit much to expect.
>
> MC

I went through the same process as I just wanted a spare remote and am
living in the Netherlands. Called Logitech and no service regarding
this. Eventually they told me I could order one on the slimdevices
site. I asked them to hold the line while checking it out and told them
that slimdevices don't do shipping to europe. Asking them to place the
order and facilitate the shipping for me went unheard.

So my conclusion was that Logitech is shipping and selling the
squeezebox products but don't deliver the additional support services
as should be done like slimdevices do in the US. I also found out that
Logitech has no customer service for filling complaints. No web form,
no phone number, nothing besides the product support line but they
don't take complaints.

The only service offered is when the remote gets broken, the whole unit
will be replaced (as reported  by Logitech). I find it kind of strange
to replace a €299 unit if the €20 remote is broken but ok thats how is
works.

I am notting flaming Logitech here but from the various forum treads I
think there is a great difference in support in the US vs other
countries. Don't know if this can be related to Slimdevices vs Logitech
but it is remarkable.

While surfing around I found a wonderfull store (www.wifisound.nl)
which sells all kinds of streaming media products. Called them in a
final attempt for a new remote; answer, sure, no problem, which one
would you like, the backlit or the regular version. Price was also
conform slimdevices site.

They only ship in the benelux though but you could give them a call.
There are really nice guys with great service. Maybe even so that they
will ship one...

--
SilverRS8

Author of -'AlbumCatalogCreator' (http://www.vanholt.nl/acc/acc.htm)-