I upgraded the firmware via SqueezeCenter Version: 7.1 - 19758 binaries.
With the updated firmware it's functional and I can use it to interact
with my library.  The overall build quality is pretty poor though - the
battery lid has play and squeaks as your palm closes around it when
pressing buttons etc.  The scroll wheel still leaves a lot to be
desired when compared to any iPod device.  Oversteering is pretty easy
once it gets going and I find that it's not particularly responsive
getting it going.

I don't mean to bash the product, but I reckon a native application
running on an iPhone or iPod Touch will make for a much nicer wireless
remote.

--
egd

Internet forums: conclusive proof depth of gene pool is indeed variable,
monkeys can be taught to cut code, and world peace is utterly
unrealistic...