I have a feeling that the foray into the world of audiophilia was a
one-off.  Logitech is a company built on selling 10's of thousands of
$50 products, not selling fifty $10,000 ones.

One big issue I see with a high-end audio company using the Squeezebox
& SqueezeServer slim device approach is that it's _way_ too techy.  The
computer audio products that are currently coming out of the industry
take a much simpler, more complete approach than the client/server
Squeeze system.  They're drop-in items to the audio rack.  They don't
go near things like wireless routers and DHCP and WPA-PSK and porting
software to run on Mac OS X and Linux and Vista and with web interfaces
and scrolling screen savers and all the millions of headaches and
customer service issues that go with the Squeeze approach.  I'll bet
most of those companies have at most two or three outsourced
programmers working on their software.  That's a fraction of the number
that Logitech is paying to work on Squeezebox software and firmware.

--
JJZolx

Jim