JJZolx;312720 Wrote:
> One big issue I see with a high-end audio company using the Squeezebox
> and SqueezeServer slim device approach is that it's _way_ too techy.
> The computer audio products that are currently coming out of the
> industry take a much simpler, more complete approach than the
> client/server Squeeze system.  They're drop-in items to the audio rack.
> They don't go near things like wireless routers and DHCP and WPA-PSK
> and porting software to run on Mac OS X and Linux and Vista and with
> web interfaces and scrolling screen savers and all the millions of
> headaches and customer service issues that go with the Squeeze
> approach.  I'll bet most of those companies have at most two or three
> outsourced programmers working on their software.  That's a fraction of
> the number that Logitech is paying to work on Squeezebox software and
> firmware.

I agree, but I actually see this as an opportunity.  These hifi
companies have established dealers to help with the install, and if
they package up a NAS or silent PC with a wifi system that just plugs
into a router - together with a standard install of SC - then you have
the ease of install and support that is necessary for the consumer.

--
adamslim

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have
others

SB+, EAR V20, Living Voice OBX-R2s plus some other stuff
SB3, Charlize, Harbeth HL-P3ES