pippin;326729 Wrote:
> Sorry, but the "buy adequate hardware" argument is BS. My Mac came out
> half a year ago and suffers, agreed, my Windows machine could use an
> update but my server is pretty much at the top of what you can get in
> noiseLESS. Which is what I need or I'll have to buy a new flat and that
> would be a bit over my computer hardware budget. It runs Linux and it
> still suffers.
> Let's face it, hardware did NOT get faster in the last four years, my
> old Subnotebook I bought four years ago performs pretty much exactly
> like my new MacBook.

Really you could buy 2GB PC8500 RAM 4 years ago for $40?  Hardware has
increased in performance and decreased in price a great deal in 4
years.  A good bit of emphasis in just the past year has been towards
power consumption reduction and making machines quieter.  I know my
newer machines handle decoding and encoding much faster than my older
machines.

However if you have a decent machine bought within the last couple of
years and it is having issues running SC, then I strongly recommend you
isolate the problem because that is not the norm and something is not
right.

--
m1abrams