m1abrams;326732 Wrote:
> Really you could buy 2GB PC8500 RAM 4 years ago for $40?

OK, it DID get cheaper. Fact is: given the overall requirements I can
NOT buy faster systems right now.
pfarrell;326740 Wrote:

> Sorry, this is factually incorrect. Its a uninformed rant, and it
> degrades the discussion.

Sorry, it is not, come here and I'll show you. I can run benchmarks, if
you like. The Mac is formally twice as fast, but it has such a bad
thermal management that it shuts down the second core when I run my
dev. environment + browser + SC which is what I need to write SC
related code on that machine.
With one core it's actually slower than my old Dell. And there isn't a
faster alternative available right now.
Don't tell me I'm uninformed when you have no idea what you are talking
about yourself.

--
pippin

---