pfarrell;326488 Wrote:
> This whole discussion is silly. A typical PC these days has 2GB. Bloat
> doesn't matter.

"Doesn't matter" is awfully broad.  It might not matter to a lot of
people who aren't trying to do a lot of things at the same time, but it
certainly matters to some of us.

I'm not criticizing SC at all, just going on a more generalized rant.
I've just seen too much wildly, blatantly *stupid* code in my day to be
able to dismiss bloat that calmly.

I recently moved SC, Firefly (mt-daapd) and Apache off my Windows
machine onto a lower-powered Linux one.  The Windows machine now runs a
hell of a lot more reliably.  Is it because I was asking too much of it
or is it because stuff that *should* have played nicely together didn't
due to unreasonable demands?  I really don't know, but I think it's
worth thinking considering.

--
atrocity