Hi April,

thanks for your insights. As a matter of fact, in my case the local organizers were very forthcoming and implemented a pre-assessment form before the workshop. Still, I had the feeling during the workshop that this pre-assessment only covered the tip of the iceberg (as expected).

I guess the trade-off who to bore and whom to carry through is always on the plate of the instructor. I'd have to say that being in a team of 2 helps at this point tremendously as the co-instructor is among the "students" and simply can assist here and there.

If people have more feedback on the matter, I am happy to hear it. If not, my gratitude to those that replied already.

Best,
Peter