Hi Amanda et al.,

thanks, this is a nice discussion!

I try to distinguish between "zero entry" and more advanced workshops
as clearly as possible, but of course problems happen in both directions
for the advanced workshops - too advanced, and too beginner.

One strategy that (I think) Greg suggested a long time ago was to suggest
that the too-advanced people help out with the too-beginner people when
a TA wasn't available.  Of course this can go wrong as well, but I think
when it goes well it's quite nice.

cheers,
--titus

C. Titus Brown, ctbr...@ucdavis.edu