Some things that still "bug" me about OpenOffice:

1. The page ZOOM toolbar button needs to be a dropdown selection, instead of the more cumbersome separate dialog window.

2. The document page should be CENTERED on the screen instead of on the left edge, which is visually "unbalanced".

3. It is too cumbersome to add toolbar buttons that are not in the standard set. The user should be able to just select a category on the left (which BTW should mirror the MENU items) and then on the right have a list of ALL functions in that category which he can drag to the toolbar.

4. Need shortcut: CTRL+SHIFT+V = paste without formatting.

5. Context menus in tables should offer many (all) table-specific operations. This could be fine-tuned to adjust to how the table is selected (cell, row,...)

6. Double click should select a sentence; tripple click should select a paragraph. (it might already do this)

7. Context menus need to be much more powerful (more items) and CONTEXTUAL.

8. Draw doesn't offer a sensible default line color/width and form fill color; and worse, it doesn't remember what I had previously selected (goes back to idiotic defaults).

9. Writer's UI needs to be MUCH more like WordPerfect's UI (context menus, paste-without-formatting, tables handling, tabs handling, indenting paragraph AFTER some text (F7), ...)

10. The installer should NOT install the pre-loader by default. That is just invasive, rude, and shows that the programmer couldn't properly optimize the program. What if EVERY program did that? Our PC's would come to a crawl from the load.

There's more, but you can see that all this hype about OOo being nearly as good as Word or even WordPerfect is just that: hype and wishful thinking.

OOo 2.0 beta is a HUGE improvement over OOo 1.1.x :-)
--
Regards,

Peter Reaper

The browser you can trust:  http://www.GetFirefox.com