On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 21:46 +0100, Sander Vesik wrote:
> --- Daniel Carrera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > x86 processor, solar cells, fusion technology, cars, fuel cells.
> >

> But Daniel, all of these are positively *BURIED* in patents.

Software is different from other commodities. Patents on other
commodities might or might not be vital. They certainly are not vital
for software to flourish. Evidence? The whole of the education software
market in the UK developed with out any patents. So why introduce
something in Europe that we have got along quite nicely without for so
long? The US might want to waste its resources on lawyers and
litigation, some of us over here have no desire to go down that route.

--
Ian Lynch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
ZMSL