Shoshannah Forbes wrote:
> Mathias Bauer wrote:
>  > All platforms that OOo runs on (or at least the ones I know) support
>> long file names, so the easiest way to see the title for all document
>> making title and file name the same.  ;-)
>
> However, if you are moving a file between comouters (by email, web, CD
> etc.), non-latin filenames can be very problematic.
> In those cases, it is really handy to have a latin filename, and a
> non-latin (Hebrew, Arabic, Thai etc.) title.

Yes, sure, and you can have your title in OOo, but not in the caption bar.

I have to admit that I don't understand why people use a latin name in
their file browser and then expect or want to see something else in
their title bar. If the file name was good enough to identify the
document in the file browser, it should be good enough for the caption
bar also (at the end the caption bar is just a means for identifying the
document).

Marco presented an understandable exception of this (where the file
names are too long and not very readable), but I don't see this in your
case.

OTOH I don't need to understand it, if people think they need it - why
not? So please watch the issue for future development. Perhaps the
document specific option could helpe in your case also.

Best regards,
Mathias

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.