Twayne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> HI All,

<Snip>

I'm in the process of choosing a file for the attachment to the
submission.  The smallest .doc that will demo the problem is 9.9 MB.
The converted .odt is nearly the same size.  A second .odt, created by
copy/paste is 46K (K not M); place holders for the pics.

The *best* file to demo the problem is  52 Meg.  Uses a lot of tables
for image alignment of several at one time and demonstrates how the
images are removed from the tables and cannot be reinserted into the
now-empty tables unless the tables are deleted and recreated from
scratch.

What would the designers prefer to see?  The first file, which is 10 Meg
with improperly positioned images (moved over each other, over the
borders, up, down, sideways etc.), or the larger, up to 52 Meg file
which adds removing the images in the tables in addition to the rest?

I can NOT get it to happen on anything smaller than about 10 Meg;
unfortunately I have several files that large or larger.  OOo seems to
open/close them OK without overly long delays, but as I said, skews the
image positioning badly.

Also: I am modifying the files with a search/replace where all text
turns to a single letter to maintain my client's confidentiality - I
have his permission to do so.  Images, punctuation, etc. are not changed
so nothing changed in position except as the letter widths cause.  The
replacement does not impact the image placements as will be plainly
obvious, IMO.

The smaller 10 Meg file is ready to submit.  I'll have to modify the
larger one yet so it's not ready.  I can submit two issues, one for each
file if that's preferred, since one contains tables of images and one
does not.  Or attach both to the same issue.  Or not ... .

Your opinion on what/which to submit would be appreciated.
Should anyone wish to take this off-group, that's fine with me; seems
like these are good questions for the group, though.  If offgroup:
Please use 'gmane' somehow in the Subject line.

Regards,

Twayne.

--
Please reply to the newsgroup so everyone
benefits. E-mails may not be responded to.