William Case wrote:
Hi again;

On Sun, 2008-07-06 at 08:42 -0400, William Case wrote:
Hi;

Newcomers to OOo will be feel like they have a bundle and experienced
users will have the emailer of their choice.  The division of labour
between maintaining OOo and various email programs remains.  Since most
stand-alone emailers are far more flexible and configurable than
Outlook, everyone will think they have a net gain.

P.S.  The email job is almost done with the email icon; the only
disconcerting thing about that icon is that it seems to insist on an
attachment.
PP.S.  While you are at it; add a browser button that brings up your
preferred Internet browser.  Then all the tools needed to work on a
project are on the toolbar.

So, you want to use Writer as a mail program and not a word processor as it was designed?

I find that the messages written in Word as email messages come in as attachments for me just like in OOo. I also only view email messages as plain text so this may be the reason.

I do like your idea of automatically linking to the deferred applications. I don't see any reason that the installer cannot default to the "Default" applications.

--
Robin Laing