I will summarize my points as I won't be able to make the board meeting or
this Tuesday's meeting as I'll be blowing stuff up with C4 and det cord
that day:

* There isnt now nor has ever been a pattern of substance abuse at Synhak.
Late night hackers are not being solicited by people looking to buy drugs
or alcohol. The community has regulated itself on this matter. If you're
concerned about another person, go and talk to them about it.

* If the concern is safety, how does this make us more safe and less
liable? There are already liability waivers, and safety classes REQUIRED
before you can use the machine shop. I'm sure the safety class covers usage
while under the influence.

* If things do get out of hand on a day, the Akron police downtown station
is .4 miles away, WALKING DISTANCE! All this stuff is already against the
law and so far, Synhak is known as a law abiding organization.

* If we're concerned about illicit drugs and alcohol abuse to formulate
policy, then lets go the extra mile, we need an acceptable use policy to
get on the computers and internet while at the space since copyright
infringement is also illegal and we need ensure Synhak isn't liable for a
visitor who downloads a song on our computer and internet connection.

* Lastly, if the membership decides that there should be a written policy,
that policy must be written by a lawyer and then voted in, if the intent is
to protect the organization then it should be done by a legal expert. For
that matter, if legal protection is needed, we should keep a lawyer on a
retainer for consultation.