On Friday, March 07, 2014 12:28:34 Torrie Fischer wrote:
> On Friday, March 07, 2014 11:41:23 Devin Wolfe wrote:
> > Hello all,
> > Up until now there has been no formal drug policy at synhak. But with
> > several complaints and concerns raised recently I feel it is time we
> > implement one. As a corporation we jeopardise ourselves if we just turn a
> > blind eye. Plus working around dangerous tools while under the influence
> > is
> > a liability.
> >
> > Here is the wording I plan on submitting to the board:
> >
> > SYNHAK INC. will not condone, endorse, or allow the use of illegal drugs
> > or
> > related illegal activities including but not limited to illegal drug use,
> > possession, sale, manufacturing, transfer, providing drugs or alcohol to a
> > minor, or consumption of drugs or alcohol by a minor, as defined and
> > stated
> > in the Ohio Revised Code, any laws or set of laws pertaining to any
> > location where SYNHAK INC. is at that time conducting business. This
> > pertains but is not limited to agents, representatives, volunteers,
> > members, nonmembers, employees, and contractors.
> >

> > I would like the hear everyone's opinion on this. Also do we need an
> > explicit procedure for discipline or removal if needed?
> >
> > Please do not accuse, slander, or otherwise make this a personal matter.
> > Keep names out of it.
>
> Neat, lets just jump right to the assumption that everyone is going to be
> hostile about it.
>
> What a friendly community SYNHAK has become.

Instead of complaining about how shitty we've become to each other, I spent my
vacation from discuss@ writing up what I've perceived as our common community
standards. I feel that it is the rough consensus of acceptable behavior within
SYNHAK:

  https://synhak.org/wiki/Community_Standards

I deliberately left it sparse as I feel that we can develop this through civil
discussion instead of immediately proposing a drug policy which makes it sound
like we're all crack addicts to the outside observer.

If you've got an addition, feel free to add it. If you're unsure about making
any additions, LETS TALK ABOUT IT! :D